Until recently, when people talked about innovation in education, there was much talk about online learning, and its democratizing effect on education. However, Singularity University is taking innovation to the next level, becoming the next step in education by embracing modern technologies including artificial intelligence, virtual reality, augmented reality, 3D printing and robotics.
Their vision: “A classroom where everything you question can come to life.” Singularity University is becoming a role model for the university of the future, by focusing on specific traits:
- Personalized education where every teacher would be able to personally know what interests every child, their capabilities, strenghts and weaknesses
- Free, demonetized education
- On-demand/just in time lessons delivered when the person needs them, combined with lifelong learning
- Virtualized education, where classrooms are primarily used for sports, teamwork or social experience rather than learning
- Inspirational education that helps children realize their dreams and potential.
Yuri van Geest is the founding CEO of the Singularity University Netherlands, the first time the university expands its Silicon Valley campus within Europe. He is bringing the vision of the university of the future to Europe and is looking forward to sharing his insights and predictions for education with the audience of the Student of the Future conference.